ROSS S. LEVEY is a partner in the Chicago matrimonial law firm of Yavitz & Levey, LLP. Mr. Levey graduated with Honors from the University of Illinois (Urbana/Champaign) in 1990 and obtained his Juris Doctor degree from DePaul University College of Law in 1993. Mr. Levey is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and formerly served on the Board of Governors.
Mr. Levey was selected by a panel of prominent Illinois attorneys as a member of the Leading Lawyers Network in the area of family law, a group comprised of the top 5% of Illinois family law attorneys.
Mr. Levey was appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section Council in 2005, and served as the Chair of the Family Law Section Council (2009-2010). Mr. Levey was also the Newsletter Editor for the Illinois State Bar Association Family Law Section Council from 2001-2007.
Mr. Levey was appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association Committee on Electronic Research for 2005-2006, 2007-2008 and 2010-2011.
Mr. Levey has lectured at “Divorce University” presented by The Lilac Tree, for the Illinois State Bar Association and for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. In consecutive years beginning in 2005 through the current date, Chicago Magazine selected Mr. Levey as one of Illinois’ “Super Lawyers” in the area of Family Law. Mr. Levey has worked as the state reporter for Illinois for the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 “Law in Fifty States” editions of the Family Law Quarterly published by the American Bar Association. Since leaving law school, 100% of Mr. Levey’s experience has been devoted to the area of family law.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law/Matrimonial Law
- Premarital Agreements
- Modification/Enforcement of Divorce Judgment/Court Orders
- Illinois, 1993
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1993
- University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign, Illinois
- B.S. - 1990
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Business Administration
- Marriage and Divorce at Midlife and Beyond, Illinois Bar Journal, Vol. 100/Oct. Issue, 2012
- Broken Engagements, ISBA Family Law Section Newsletter, Vol. 54 No. 8, 2011
- Family Law Quarterly, Law in Fifty States, American Bar Association, 2003 & 2004
- Clients include men and women dealing with the issues of divorce, paternity, custody, and domestic violence.
- Linda Foreman, CPA
- Stout Risius Ross
- Divorce University, The Lilac Tree, 2009 & 2011
- 213f Witness Interrogatories, AAML, 2009 to 2009
Honors and Awards
- Leading Lawyers, 2017
- Super Lawyers, 2017
- AAML, 2017
- Leading Lawyers of Illinois Family Law, 2009 - 2012
- Super Lawyers of Illinois Family Law, 2005 - 2020
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Board of Governors Illinois Chapter, 2010 - 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2006 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1993 to Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section Council, Member, 2005 to 2011
- Illinois State Bar Association, Committee on Electronic Research, 2005 to 2006
- Illinois State Bar Association, Committee on Electronic Research, 2007 to 2008
- Illinois State Bar Association, Committee on Electronic Research, 2010 to 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Lake, Toback & Yavitz, Associate Attorney, 1993 to 2004
- Pi Lambda Phi